Summertime is almost here, and before it gets too warm it may be time to make sure you’re ready for the hot Florida weather.
While the Florida panhandle is home to some of the most pristine beaches in the world, the emerald water and sandy beaches are not going to help your home stay cool during those scorching hot days of summer.
So what do you do to get ready for the heatwave?
– First, change your filters in your heating/cooling system. make sure to check and change them regularly, at least monthly.
– The next thing is to change your thermostat over to “cool” and test the system by turning the temperature down. If the air conditioner does not turn on, first check to make sure no breakers are tripped. If you can’t figure out the problem, it would be a good time to call Beachside Air Conditioning. Calling early may keep you from making an “emergency” call when the temperatures are soaring and the repair people are too busy.
– If your cooling system turns on, make sure it is putting out adequate cooling. If it’s not, and you can’t figure out the problem, call Beachside Air Conditioning. Make sure you set it at 78 degrees.
– If your air conditioner needs replacement, it is always better to do it before the hot Florida summer weather hits.
– You may also want to consider changing your old thermostat to a programmable one. You can save up to $100 a year by using a new programmable thermostat. If your thermostat is really old and uses a mercury switch give Beachside Air Conditioning a call today.
– Consider installing a whole-house fan that uses cool air in the evening to cool the entire house and push hot air out of the attic area.
-Install living room and bedroom ceiling fans as well as whole house fans to help reduce your need to use the air conditioner.
– Take down the old storm windows, if you live in areas where you need them, and put up screens in their place.
With these energy-ready tips in place you should be ready for that Florida summer heatwave.